I recently got a pleasure to attend the launch event of Xiaomi’s Mi 4.
As you are already aware that tech is not my forte. So this post is definitely not about specifications, comparison with other devices, price review etc. You will find it everywhere on web.
All I got to know about Mi 4 from the hands-on experience is that it’s a beautifully designed 5-inch device with some cool specs.
As a user I can download as much apps and songs as I want! Because it has a powerful processor (2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 quad-core), 3 GB RAM and 16 GB of internal memory. Also it has got 13 MP Rear Camera and damn 8 MP front-facing camera. Besides it has got an attractive UI. And Guess what? For all this you need to pay a decent price of only Rs. 19,999/-.
Enough reasons to choose Mi 4 for anyone looking to buy a smartphone !
Well this post is about those 10 picks that caught my attention in the event. And I would love to share them with you. So here you go:
1. India is hugely important and we are here to stay, says Hugo Barra (VP, Xiaomi Global).
A confident statement!
2. Xiaomi 2014 Revenue is US$ 12 Billion.
It's huge Hugo !
3. Xiaomi is now the World’s Most valuable private tech startup, valued at US$ 45 Billion.
Considering Xiaomi being a five year old startup, it's a great start of an awesome journey ahead!
4. Xiaomi has sold 1,000,000 Phones in less than 5 months
5. Xiaomi’s Mi3 was 7th most searched phone in India 2014
Xiaomi's entry in India was #6 most talked about topic on Facebook in 2014, ahead of Alia Bhatt (#7) ;)
6. Over 85 Million MIUI Users Worldwide
Absolutely a great figure to flaunt!
7. MIUI6 a visually stunning update to its software is coming to India
We are excited about it!
8. Mi 4 Stainless Steel Metal Frame “Smooth as Silk” has gone through 40 various Steps & 193 Processes
The Journey of a piece of Steel!
9. Xiaomi invested US$ 300 Million in Equipment for Mi 4
Mi 4 is Xiaomi's pampered baby..
10. Registration for Mi 4 on Flipkart has started and the sale is on 10 Feb
The registration is on.
Last but not the least, my Moment of the Event
Mr. Manu Kumar Jain (India Head, Xiaomi) introduced me to attendees as ex-colleague at Jabong and now a pro-blogger during Q&A in the end.
Well I had the luck to work with him for around 2 years at Jabong. He has been a great boss and a wonderful mentor. One of those people at work I needed not to be politically correct!
Anyways felt really honored and glad with the recognition! After all I am not used to of such mentions. It was the first time I got one. :)
Such things lift your spirits and inspires you to keep moving.
Signing off with love,